Drum lessons at Inna’s Hall of Fame located in Cooper City are taught by world class musicians with first hand experience in drumming. Our teachers are professionally trained from prestigious music programs.
In our lessons children will explore a number of topics, musicianship, hand-to-hand technique, snare drum reading, drum set coordination, and repertoire development. Each week becoming increasingly more challenging to improve upon their skills.
Students will accrue following skills:
- Understand basic time
- Develop proper grip, playing area, and sound
- Improve the balance and evenness between your hands
- Play drum rudiments, including the double stroke roll, single stroke roll, paradiddle, double paradiddle, triple paradiddle, drag, drag paradiddle 1, flam, and flam accent
- Develop basic snare drum reading skills
- Interpret drum set charts
- Improve their overall coordination, touch, and dynamics
- Play common groove patterns found in Rhythm & Blues, Pop-Rock, Funk, Rock, Jazz, Brazilian, and Afro-Cuban music
- Play patterns in various time signatures, including 4/4/, 2/4, 3/4, 12/8, 6/8, 9/8, and 5/4
Throughout the course of drum lessons students will have the opportunity to perform in front of a live audience for friends and family at our twice a year music performances.