PRE BALLET & TAP INTRODUCTION (ages 3-5):
Mondays 4:00-5:00 pm
Basic Ballet technique taught with much creativity. Children will work on spacial awareness and will be involved in fun movement while learning the basics of ballet and tap. We offer classical Ballet in which Russian technique is taught, and some original choreography is adapted to the class to give these little dancers an introduction to the classics.
BALLET I (ages 5-8):
Mondays 5:00-6:00 pm or Sundays 2:00-3:00 pm
Starting from 1st position, this class teaches and reinforces all the basics of ballet. They will learn dance vocabulary, technique, stretching, and start working at the barre. Students will learn several choreographies during the year and perform in the end of year Recital.
Wednesdays & Thursdays 4:00-5:00 pm
This class will focus on vocabulary, technique, stretching, barre, body placement, across the floor, turns, leaps and more. Ballet is the foundation to all dance forms and is highly encouraged as a foundation to other dance courses. All students will receive have a copy of Gail Grant’s Technical Manual and Dictionary of classical Ballet..Students will learn several choreographies during the year and perform in the end of year Recital.
Wednesdays 5:00-6:00 pm
Dancers continue strengthening their skills and work on more and more complex technique. Students will learn several choreographies during the year and perform in the end of year Recital.
POINTE (age 11+)
Fridays 4:00-5:00 pm
Pointe is only for students that have been recommended by their ballet teachers, and who have studied ballet for a minimum of four years. At least one ballet class a week must accompany pointe.
Tap focuses on musical phrasing and the complexity of rhythms with less emphasis on the visual part and more on the challenge of making melodies with the feet. Creativity is encouraged! Most often, Tap is danced to a jazz-based music such as, Swing, Big Band, Bebop, Funk and Latin styles.
MODERN (age 11+)
Thursdays 5:00-6:00 pm
Modern dance is offered for all levels. The technique is designed to develop strength in the entire body. The modern technique that we offer is a combination of Martha Graham and Lemont techniques.
Maintains the percussive, rhythmic characteristics that define Jazz, yet it also incorporates elements of Ballet and at times even Modern Dance to give it a smooth lengthened look and lyrical quality usually danced to a ballad.
Tuesdays 6:00-7:00 (I) (age 5-7)
Wednesdays 6:00-7:00 (II) (age 8-12)
Wednesdays 7:00-8:00 (III) (age 12-16)
Jazz dance develops strong, proper body alignment and clean technique using flashy combinations. Students will learn across the floor progressions of turns, kicks, jumps and more in each class.
NEW! KIDS LATIN
Tuesdays 4:00-5:00 pm (age 6-12)
Kids will learn the basics of merengue, salsa, cha cha cha and other Latin rhythms. This is a high-energy fun class that will bring out the diva in your dancer!
Tuesdays 5:00-6:00 pm (age 6-12)
Flamenco is a style of music and dance native to several regions in the South of Spain. Your dancer will love the combination of footwork and flare. OLE!
HIP-HOP 4 KIDS
Thursday 5:00-6:00 pm (I) (age 6-12)
Hip-Hop is a combination of Jazz and Hip-Hop together to introduce students to the street dance of Hip-Hop and students will learn moves that are similar to those seen in the music videos.
RECITAL INFORMATION 2012-2013
After a full year of practice, dancers at Inna’s Hall of Fame Performing Arts Center will perform at the end of year Dance Recital on a theater stage.
- Younger students will rehearse in class, but will need to attend at least one dress rehearsal and one final run through (on the stage). Older students will rehearse in class when possible, but will need to attend all rehearsals scheduled (outside of class and on the stage).
- Attendance for those students participating in the dance recital is imperative during the last 2 months of class. Students missing more than 4 classes during this period of time will not be allowed to participate.
- Anyone who misses dress rehearsal and/or run through on the day of the performance will not participate.
- All older dancers need to be on site 2 hours prior to the scheduled time so that hair, make-up, and warm-ups are completed.
- Dancers purchase their own costumes for the show. Costumes are ordered in January. The cost of the costume is $50.00. Also, there is a $25.00 non-refundable deposit per child due in May. Please notify management if you want to order a costume prior to January 1st; if you do not notify us we will assume that you do not plan to order one.
- All other performers are required to be on site 1 hour prior to the scheduled time in their dance costume and make-up.
Inna’s Hall of Fame Performing Arts Center is often asked to perform at local community events. Information on these events will be given during the school year prior to the events. Participation is on a voluntary basis but is strongly encouraged.